These yummy gluten free and dairy free Vietnamese spring rolls are fresh and healthy, with the use of a number of raw vegetables, although you can cook the ingredients if you would prefer a not so crunchy version.
The ingredients we used here were what we had in the fridge. However, you could use prawns, bean sprouts, cabbage, raw beetroot, cooked rice, other dipping sauces, or whatever you might have in your fridge!
- Spring Onion
- Chicken (cooked – if you are using an already prepared chicken, make sure it does not contain glutenous stuffing, or a herb and spice mix that contains gluten)
- Rice Noodles (already prepared)
- Spring Roll Wrap (made from rice)
- Sweet Chilli Sauce (make sure it is gluten free)
- Peanut Sauce or other dipping sauce (recipes can be found on the internet – make sure they are gluten free) – peanut sauce is not suitable for people with nut allergies
Finely chop vegetables into slivers (these will stay raw) and prepare other ingredients.
Prepare spring roll wrapper according to packet (usually soak in warm water for 20-30 seconds).
Place vegetables, noodles and chicken on wrap and fold up.
Dip in sauce of choice (or you can drizzle the sauce over your roll before you wrap it). Eat and enjoy!