If you like to do stitching, or crafty things with thread or yarn, you will find that it is easy to get your yarn, thread, or threads, in a tangled mess. Maybe your threads look a little like this?
The good news is, that it is easily fixed! All you have to do is wind each different coloured thread onto a bobbin or a spool. We have made up some cute little bobbins to wind the threads on and keep things neat and tidy, so we thought we’d share our thread bobbin template with you too!
Just click the button and it will take you to the file.
Then all you have to do is:
- Print the thread bobbin template on a sheet of card (the thickest you can put in your printer – check your printer specifications), or paper and then glued on card or laminated. It will fit perfectly on an A4 size sheet as is, so there is no need to have it ‘reduced to fit’. We printed ours on paper and then laminated them, because they should last longer with a plastic covering.
- Cut the bobbins out and cut the slits (already marked).
- Put one end of the thread through one of the slits to hold the end.
- Wind the thread onto the bobbin and spread the thread out as you go – don’t wind it all onto one section of the bobbin.
- When you have finished winding all the thread onto the bobbin, take the loose end of the thread and pull it through one of the slits in the bobbin to hold it, so that the thread doesn’t unravel (come off the bobbin).
- Now that you have one of your threads neatly on a bobbin, you can get another of your messy threads, and do the same with a new bobbin.
When you have all your threads on bobbins, you can store them in a small container or a box.
JJ is working on a pattern for a box to store them all in, so look out for that on another Free Fun Friday!